• In 2011, Mr. Berkowitz was recognized by the Missouri Bar for his longstanding legal service to the disadvantaged and poor by awarding him its prestigious Pro Bono Award at its annual meeting.
* In September, 2016 Mr. Berkowitz was a speaker at a legal seminar concerning “Securities Arbitration”. More recently, in January 2017, he was a panelist on “Representing Clients In Securities Arbitration”.
• On two separate occasions Mr. Berkowitz was presented the Volunteer Lawyer Award at the annual awards dinner of the Legal Services of Eastern Missouri in St. Louis. Among other things, Mr. Berkowitz regularly provides pro bono legal services to abused customers against brokerage houses on unsuitable investments.
• Among his peers of litigators and trial attorneys, Mr. Berkowitz has received the highest ranking of “AV” by Martindale Hubbell.
• Mr. Berkowitz has been sought as a speaker in continuing legal education seminars, Public Investor Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) conferences, and various financial trade groups regarding securities arbitration and investor rights
• In Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) annual meeting in October, 2014, Mr. Berkowitz appeared on a panel that discussed the prospective of a FINRA arbitrator.
• Mr. Berkowitz was quoted in “The Street” article “Fighting Your Broker in Arbitration? FINRA ‘Judges’ Gives Some Tips”. The article was published on October 27, 2014.